Funding your pet’s treatment is a concern for many pet owners. Financial constraints may impact the decision you take on how to treat your pet’s condition.
When you visit Premier Veterinary Group, we will prepare a detailed estimate for your pet’s care for your review. We understand that these are difficult, personal decisions that are unique to each family; and we respect that in the midst of grappling with a diagnosis and a treatment plan, you are now also grappling with this unexpected new expense.
On the day that services are rendered, we will ask you to pay the estimate in full prior to services being rendered.
Your options for payment methods include:
- Personal Checks (accepted via Telecheck, ID required)
- Credit Card: Master Card, Visa, Discover, American Express
- Lines of Credit: Wells Fargo, Care Credit
- PayPal: Contact-less payment option through the client portal
For clients who have an account on our client portal, PayPal is available as a contact-less option for payment.
If you wish to pay by PayPal, log in to the client portal, or set up your account. Click My Payments on the right side bar, you will be prompted for the dollar amount, and then you will be re-routed to PayPal to complete payment.
PayPal allows a maximum of $500 per day for an unverified account, and up to $10,000 for verified accounts. According to PayPal, you can verify your account by either adding and confirming a bank account, or applying for and being approved for a PayPal Credit product. This process may take up to 24 hours.
Lines of Credit
If personal credit, cash and personal loans from family and friends are not available, or do not cover the balance, a line of credit can be an alternative. Care Credit and Wells Fargo provide lines of credit specifically for health related expenses.
The process is much like a credit card application, the financial institution will evaluate your application and approve you for an amount with a predetermined interest rate and payment terms.
Hospitals in the Ethos network are not affiliated with either of these financial institutions. Our team is happy to help you apply for a line of credit with these institutions. We will help you fill out the form if necessary, provide you with copies of receipts, estimates and anything else you need in order to expedite the process for you, but we are not involved in their decisions around credit terms and amounts.
If you decide that a line of credit is for you, applying for credit in advance of your pet’s scheduled treatment will ease the process on the day you drop him or her off. If you have arrived at one of our hospitals in an emergency situation, we will be happy to assist you in filling out the form and submitting the application if you so desire. Please speak to a member of our client care team.
Click here to fill out the application form and start the loan approval process
Plan Types vary, but currently include the following: (the rates listed below are subject to change at the discretion of Care Credit)
- 6 months – deferred interest, regular payments, minimum transaction of $200
Any unpaid balance at the end of the 6 month period will be subject to the cumulative deferred interest.
- 14.90% interest on the following repayment options:
- Fixed Monthly payments over 24, 36, and 48 months, minimum transaction of $1,000
- 16.9% interest on the following repayment options:
- Fixed Monthly payments over 60 months, transactions over $2,500
Wells Fargo Health Advantage:
Financing is provided with approved credit by Wells Fargo Financial National Bank.
Plan types vary, but currently include the following: additional options may also be available, please talk to the client care team member helping you with the application
- No interest if paid in full within 6 months or 12 months depending on plan chosen with regular monthly payments. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the purchase balance is not paid in full within the promotional period.*
- 12.99% interest on the following repayment options:
- Fixed Monthly payments over 18, 24, 36, 48 and 60 months, No minimum transaction
- The Wells Fargo Health Advantage® credit card is issued by Wells Fargo Financial National Bank. Minimum monthly payments are required during the promotional (special terms) period. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date at the APR for Purchases if the purchase balance is not paid in full within the promotional (special terms) period. Paying only the minimum monthly payment will not pay off the purchase balance before the end of the promotional period. For new accounts, the APR for Purchases is 12.99%. If you are charged interest in any billing cycle, the minimum interest charge will be $1.00. This information is accurate as of August 2019*. For current information, call us at 1-800-431-5921.”
* Rates updated as of August 2019 and subject to change.
We accept and will facilitate the submission of any pet insurance company. Please bring your claim form with you to your visit.
Pet Health Insurance – Is it right for you?
There are many options available for pet health insurance that may be of benefit. Check out the top 10 pet health insurance plans as rated by Consumer Advocates.